Monday, February 2, 2009

A note from Granny...

Granny's email response to my last blog was so sweet I just had to share it:

"Whenever nursing stops, you will always have these emotions. It is a special time that I have never had in any other relationship in my life. I never could understand it when mom’ s couldn’t wait until their child stopped nursing. I wanted to look them in the eyes and tell them that they are throwing away one of the most precious times in their lives. It is a time of being truly what we are made to be physiologically, emotionally, and spiritually. I feel so sorry for women who work with infants. They miss out on a time of true balance in their lives. I felt so at one with the universe because I knew I was connected to all women at all times. It will be sad when it ends and you start the next wonderful phase of mothering. Every stage has it's endearing moments and the finality when they pass to the next leaves us missing the one they just left-no matter how old your baby is-even as grown-ups!

Hang in there!
Love, Mom"

Isn't she sweet?

Oh and by the way...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BLOOOOOOOooooooog,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment