Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Everyday Anna

Today, Anna is making sure I get my daily allowance of water as she stands at the sink, water at a trickle, playing.
"Nana", she says, indicating it's her turn by taking a drink.
"Mamma", she'll say next, handing me a cup.
Then when I sneak around and give her a kiss on the cheek, she'll smile through her concentraion on pouring, drinking, trickling, etc.

And at breakfast, she was just so good at communicating. She asked politely for more "dipt" (dip=syrup on her pancakes).
Then when she was done, instead of fussing for attention like she used to, she said, "Hands? Hands?" and wiggled them in front of me to let me know it was time to wash her hands.

Also this weekend while in Chicago, she was so proud to show us she could say "mouk" for milk instead of just using her hand signals. So she's say "mouk", "mouk, "mouk" long after we told her we got the picture loud and clear.

Another word that's relatively new = "bubbules". (That one is self explanatory.)

I'll try to talk more about Everyday Anna more often. But for now, I hope you enjoyed this glimpse into our life!

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could be there to hear her! Give her a hug for me :)

    ReplyDelete