Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Over the River and Through the Woods

To Granny's House We Go!

We took a trip to Granny's ("Geenies") house yesterday on the train. It was a quick visit just to spend some time with cousin Molly and Ben, who were delightful to see, as always. Molly loved me especially much this trip... (goofy grin on RiRi's face right now).

It was a day of mass transit for the Stokes Family because Daddy flew to Boston today for work. We will miss him terribly (even though I did my usual MASS, RUSHED, CLEANING of the house - including mopping the kitchen floor despite my travel fatigue - because I have that weird thing about the house being MINE ALL MINE for a few days). Poor Daddy was supposed to go yesterday but was still recovering from a mystery illness. Poor Daddy. I'll blog about that tomorrow and I hope you all pretend that I did it WHILE he was sick since it was supposed to be a blog to make him feel better!

Anyway, here are some pics from the train ride:

Here is Anna snacking her way across mid-Missouri. We spent the whole time in the dining car. Having been on the train the morning before, I'm sure Anna was thinking: Just TRY to get me into a seat, lady!


And here she is sitting ON the table. Because... well, why not?
Notice our things are also on the table in the back of the shot. We took over three empty tables in the otherwise empty dining car.

Our only visitor was some crazy guy who said weird things like, "you'll have one more" and "what's going on with your brother?" and then read my palm. Thankfully, he wandered off to be off-kilter somewhere else :-).

I miss the family in "the lou" but am oh so happy to be back in my own bed.
Till next time...

2 comments:

  1. I have 4 comments:

    #1. You WILL have one more... haha!
    #2. I love, love, LOVE the front pony-tail :)
    #3. very glad to hear that Curt is doing better! Is he in Boston the whole week?
    #4. I totally get you about the clean house thing, and I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels like that! have a super day! -K

    ReplyDelete
  2. actually 5 comments...

    #5. please approve my first 4 comments :)

    ReplyDelete