Friday, October 2, 2009

Other Daily Hip Happenings

Today we went to the Y so I could swim my laps. We didn't go for a while after the triathlon this summer because I was swimmed-out! So Little Miss Anna Banana Pants was not as familiar with this Y as she is the spin class Y

When I brought her to swimming Y three weeks ago I left her sitting at her little table, eating her snack, as is her Y tradition. When I got back almost an hour later, she was still sitting there! The lady in charge said she sat there the whole time!!!

This is Anna, I'm talking about. The girl who can't sit still for 5 minutes! I sat her down at the Y today with her snack in front of her, kissed her and walked out. Came back a while later, and there she is, still sitting - again. It makes my heart melt and feel a tinge of sadness at the same time. I think, "My poor baby just sat there. What was she thinking? What was she feeling?" But part of me knows!

Just like her momma, Anna is a BIG extrovert, but just like her momma and daddy, once surrounded by people, we draw in and observe. So I know what she was doing that whole time. Watching. Observing. Thinking. Learning. Wondering.

On another note, Anna's language is just amazing now. 5 word sentences, all the time: "No Anna turn do self" (It's my turn to do it, myself). "See oneand Anna in miwwa" (Saw another Anna in the mirror).

Her favorite things to do:
-Watch "Lella" (Cinderella) (Still)
-Pull the cushions off the couch and jump as well as jump off anything
-Dance (And oh boy you should see the creative moves she has!)
-Listen to music (I have her music CD in the car and we listen to the same song about 7 times before she gets distracted by something and forgets to say "mowa" to play the song again.
-She loves to get in her "seep sack" at night always tell me "dawk" when daddy turns the lights off, then "hands out" (for some reason) when I lay her down then "up happy" or "sun owt" depending on if it's nap or bedtime.
-She still rubs/twirls her hair whenever tired or needing comfort.

-She currently hates taking baths or getting her hair put up (so much for her being extra girly). She wants her hair up infrequently, then pulls the rubber band right out.

-She has an overly dramatic way of saying NO if she's upset: "Nowe, nowe, nowe, nowe, nowe, nowe, nowe, Nowe" on and on in the most pathetic tone complete with shaking her head side to side at times. So very daytime talk showesque.

-She is definitely in charge at the moment, "NO ANNA do dat!"

She marvels me with new words learned everyday and she's getting so good at letting me cook or do other tasks while she plays alone. What a good ageNow-So-Terrible Twos!

No comments:

Post a Comment