Monday, July 21, 2008

Tom Hanks once said...

So I'm reading Barbara Walters Memoir at the recommendation of Grandma Stokes. Here's the thing... I like it, and I like her (Barbara).

She was interviewing Tom Hanks and I just loved his wise words:
When asked why he did what he did, he responded: "Because it's fun. And I think I'm pretty good at it. I deliver the goods, which is what a bricklayer does when he's hired to lay bricks or to take a mattress off the truck. He's paid to take the mattress off the truck. I take the mattress off the truck and it is, 'Wow, look how that guy takes those mattresses off the truck!'"

So true. What a good commentary on the ridiculous salaries and treatment of movie stars in our society. (Although someone is welcome to follow me around, take my picture, and say, "Look how she put her hair in a ponytail. Look how she changed that diaper! Those Kermit the Frog pajamas are the perfect compliment to that expertly tousled hair! What class! What style! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment