Thursday, July 17, 2008

When Angels Sleep...



So Anna is quite the accomplished young lady now. At seven months she became (da da duuuuum...) SUPER NAPPER!!! She can leap tall buildings in a single bound and even more important to her momma, she sleeps 1.5-2 hours AT A TIME!!! Can you believe it? She takes a morning and an afternoon nap and I can put her down before she is fully asleep now. She'll just roll over a little and go to sleep. What a dream! (Literally, I couldn't even dream this a month ago.)

When awake, she is (army) crawling everywhere she can. She also begs for opportunities to take our hands and be walked/run around. She wants to walk, walk, walk but mommy's back goes creak, creak, pop! She is also getting pretty good at feeding herself (very messy and not much food intake - but she's getting the hang of it)! She does contortionist moves that would put Cirque de Soleil to shame whenever the threat of a diaper comes along when she's going commando. (This girl loves her naked time... Sounds like someone else I know!) She can suck her toes, although why she wants to is beyond me. She has also mastered drinking through a straw and LOVES drinking water. And much, much, more!

She's just as cute as can be! It (sort of) makes up for the fact that I still drag myself out of bed twice per night to feed her. But I know I can stop that any time I want. I just don't want to go through the two weeks of torture it would take to break her of it. Bleh. Stumbling around in the dark night after night half asleep somehow seems less trouble. (Anna - now you know why I'll run the vacuum outside your room at 9:00am when you are a teenager with a BIG smile on my face!)
Love,
ME

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pic of her sleeping! Hope she is back on track from our little vacation!

    ReplyDelete