Monday, September 29, 2008

And the winner is...

We hadn't gotten all the results in for Anna's Halloween costume. But I was still pulling hard for the little Dragonfly. Every time someone would vote for the cliche' girly ones, I would scoff! (C'mon people, we KNOW she's a girl. Do we have to brand it all over her body?) THEN, we made the mistake of going to Octoberfest in Jefferson City. You know, one of those things where the smell of bratwurst, popcorn, and suckers intoxicate you to the point where you think handmade hunting-themed quilts and weird realistic looking pets frozen in life-like poses are worth looking at.

Well, somewhere between taking Anna to hear and dance to good German polkas and watching the wiener dog races (quite popular, actually) we rounded the corner to see a booth spewing PINK. The entire booth was hand-made girl costumes and dress up clothes. There were wings, dresses, crowns, sceptures, more crowns, more wings.

With a lump in my throat and my heart beating madly, I stumbling forward, and against what I thought was my will, my shaky hand came up and began pointing...

We walked away with the ULTIMATE in girly costumes. It looks a little something like this:

but with more pink! We of course got her a matching heart-topped wand because.... well because.... the is no stopping new parents when bombarded with such a mirage as that darned pink booth.

And won't she look so cute???!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment