Thursday, January 28, 2010

Girly Week

I have to admit, I was looking forward to Curt being gone just a bit due to the potential for lots of good, girly, non-dinner cooking, clean house fun.

(For those that don't know, Curt is in New Orleans this week. Eating seafood. Not wearing a coat. Looking at the ocean.)
(My only consolation is that he had to fly halfway there on an itty bitty scary-looking plane.)

But this week has flown by. Anna and I have gotten lots of good snuggle time, but not a TON of time together.

Tonight, at least, I got one of those heart-filling, intimate moments with Anna as we danced together in the living room. I put on a CD and Anna put on her Cinderella dress. We had just cleaned her room and she insisted I call her "Pincess" as she helped me clean up. Then we just danced and swayed to the music and I feasted my eyes on her loveliness. She told me about her week "Put. back. on. chocho twack. Mawy Helin tissed it." (I hurt my back on the cho cho track and Mary Helen kissed it.)

Truly, I am AS excited to see Curt as I am sad that our time together as a duo is coming to an end. I think Anna is ready to see Daddy. She talked about him a few times today.

It's been a lovely week but it has gone really fast. I just can't get enough of my girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment